Woman hasn’t smiled for 40 long years to avoid face WRINKLES!

While a lot of women resort to expensive plastic surgery to get rid of wrinkles, but this 50-year old British woman claims she has found the ultimate answer to fighting the aging process, specifically face wrinkles, and hasn’t smiled so much as once in 40 years in order to avoid lines and wrinkles.

Tess Christian, age 50

‘I don’t have wrinkles because I have trained myself to control my facial muscles,’ said Tess to MailOnline, adding ‘Everyone asks if I’ve had Botox, but I haven’t, and I know that it’s thanks to the fact I haven’t laughed or smiled since I was a teenager. My dedication has paid off; I don’t have a single line on my face.’

For four decades now, Tess hasn’t smiled. She was 10 when her smile went away, but it wasn’t because of some traumatic life event that sucked her ability to be happy – instead, she just didn’t want show any happiness anymore.

Dermatologist Dr Nick Lowe said: “It can be an effective anti-ageing technique. Undoubtedly, there are some actresses who have retrained their facial expressions to this end.”

“Wrinkles happen because of the constant creasing of smile and forehead lines by the muscles in your face, which fold the connective tissue under the skin. If you can train yourself to minimize your facial expressions, you won’t get as many lines.” Dr. Lowe also added.

‘Yes, I am vain and want to remain youthful.
My strategy is more natural than Botox and more
effective than any expensive beauty cream or facial.’

Her friends nicknamed her Mona Lisa, after the da Vinci painting.

“It’s not as if I’m miserable” Tess explains “I love life. I just don’t feel the need to show it by walking around with a rictus grin on my face.”

“My strategy is more natural than Botox and more effective than any expensive beauty cream or facial” she said.

“After Stevie’s birth I was overwhelmed with joy, but still didn’t feel the need to smile” she added.

She credits not smiling with helping her to maintain a youthful look.

As effective as the treatment might be, it has got to be hard not to laugh in an amusing situation or when you hear a good joke. But Tess says it isn’t too difficult for her because she went to a strict Catholic school where the “joyless nuns didn’t like children to smile.” So she learned early on to smirk instead of smile.

While Tess admits it can sometimes be hard to remain tight-lipped at times, she has perfected her poker face. "My friends have nicknamed me Mona Lisa, after the da Vinci painting," she says. "Mona Lisa was said to have been quietly amused, as am I. I just won’t show it."



Thank you so much for dropping by and reading this article. Visit our website regularly for more interesting and trending news and stories.

If you enjoyed this post, please share this with your friends and if you have any comment, please write below. Thanks!

Woman hasn’t smiled for 40 long years to avoid face WRINKLES! Woman hasn’t smiled for 40 long years to avoid face WRINKLES! Reviewed by TrendSpot on Monday, February 09, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments