Watch what this escape artist did after almost being run over by a roller coaster! Terrifying!

With one of the world’s fastest rollercoasters careering towards him, an escape artist faced a race against time in his latest spectacular stunt. The tense video shows the man desperately trying to free himself from the chains before leaping onto a mattress below.

Dean Gunnarson is a Canadian escape artist
Dean Gunnarson is a Canadian escape artist

Canadian escape artist Dean Gunnarson is known for his daring stunts and last-second brushes with death and his latest is no exception. The Winnipeg native was chained to the tracks of China’s largest wooden roller coaster by his hands, waist, and feet.

The award-winning escapologist had just 58 seconds to free himself from his chains in Shenzhen city in China’s Guangdong province.

Dubbed the Bullet, the Happy Valley rollercoaster can reach speeds of 135 km/h (83mph), leaving the 48-year-old with no time to lose. The wooden roller coaster is the biggest of its kind in China.

Passengers experience zero gravity 10 times during the 1,200-meter-long ride.

The Winnipeg native was chained to the tracks of China’s largest wooden roller coaster by his hands, waist, and feet.
The Winnipeg native was chained to the tracks of China’s largest
wooden roller coaster by his hands, waist, and feet.
When the operator pulls the trigger, the cars maintain a speed of 90 kilometers an hour, as there is no slowing until the very end. 58 seconds is all he took to rescue himself from his chains.

He managed to jump off the track moments before the coaster, running at a speed of 56 mph, could hit him.

“It was very close. I could see its eyes staring at me, I could feel its breath breathing down on me,” said Gunnarson.

“Wow, my heart’s just pumping. It was close. That one last handcuff, I didn’t know if I was going to get it in time,” he added.

“It was very close. I could see its eyes staring at me, I could feel its breath breathing down on me,”
“It was very close. I could see its eyes staring at me,
I could feel its breath breathing down on me,”
It's impossible not to have a kind of admiration for Dean Gunnarson. He has, for more than 30 years, remained determined in his quest to be known as the world's greatest escape artist.

Despite the fact it isn't a title to which many lay claim these days, and it's an entertainment form that doesn't command nearly the kind of public attention it did during the long-ago era of his hero, Harry Houdini.

Despite the high-risk stakes, Gunnarson has no intention of packing away his chains just yet.

‘’I’m getting older, and my body is getting pretty banged up.” he said. “But I’m still enjoying travelling and seeing the world.”

"I’m sure someday my youngest daughter is going to come to me and say 'Daddy, I don’t want you to do this anymore,' and that will probably be the hardest day of my life."

“Houdini lived to 52, so I figure I’ve got at least another four good years!” He added.


Watch the video here:



Thank you so much for dropping by and reading this article. Visit our website regularly for more interesting and trending news and stories.

If you enjoyed this post, please share this with your friends and if you have any comment, please write below. Thanks!

Watch what this escape artist did after almost being run over by a roller coaster! Terrifying! Watch what this escape artist did after almost being run over by a roller coaster! Terrifying! Reviewed by TrendSpot on Saturday, October 03, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments