Woman found a deadly spider coming out from the banana she bought

A mother has revealed the horrifying moment when she bought a batch of bananas infested with the World’s Deadliest Brazilian Spider hatching from eggs!

According to The Telegraph, Maria Layton, 43, was about to serve the bananas to her 6 year-old daughter, which her husband bought from the popular British grocery Tesco.

They found the bananas infested with eggs which she believes are from
the Brazilian Wandering Spider – the most deadly in the world!


When Maria opened the bag of fruit her husband bought from Tesco, they found the bananas infested with eggs which she believes are from the Brazilian Wandering Spider – the most deadly in the world!

My husband bought the bananas from Tesco. They had been in the house a whole day before I ripped the bag open.
Maria Layton said.

Siri asked for a banana. The first banana had a funny bit on it, so I got another one for her and that was when I found the massive spider cocoon.


She immediately searched Google and found out that the food was infested with Brazilian Wandering Spiders, which is deadly and its venom can kill a human in just two hours, and can also give male victims a painful four-hour erection.

The Tesco bananas were exported from Costa Rica - home of the world's most dangerous spider - the Brazilian Wandering Spider aka Banana Spiders whose Greek name means "murderess".

I was so scared – I don't like spiders at the best of times, but have read about the Brazilian Wandering Spiders – and was very frightened about the potential threat.
said Layton.

The spider cocoon started to unfurl so I put it in a sealed box and put it in the freezer as I read that that is supposed to kill them.


As soon as Layton found about it, she immediately called Tesco customer service but only to be told it was up to her to return the bananas if she wanted a refund.

Maria said:
Tesco were a bit useless, I was really concerned about the possibility of this dangerous spider and spider eggs in my house and really wanted some helpful advice on how to act. I wasn't sure if other spiders or eggs had escaped when I ripped the bag open. I posted the picture on Tesco Facebook page and they told me to send the wrapper in so they could get the barcode to refund me! I was shocked; they failed to see the potential threat to me and my family and thought I was only interested in having a pound or so back.


The mother of two spent an hour and a half calling different services to get the bananas out of her home. She even called Food Standards and Trading Standards but they said it wasn’t anything to do with them.

She just ended up bringing them back to Tesco herself.

Our policy is for the customer to take the product back to the store where it can be investigated. We don't have a service whereby someone can go out to the home.
a Tesco spokesperson said

Brazilian wandering spiders are mainly active during the night, and walk across the jungle floor. But during the day they hide inside banana plants hence the nickname "banana spider".


Thank you so much for dropping by and reading this article. Visit our website regularly for more interesting and trending news and stories.

If you enjoyed this post, please share this with your friends and if you have any comment, please write below. Thanks!

Woman found a deadly spider coming out from the banana she bought Woman found a deadly spider coming out from the banana she bought Reviewed by TrendSpot on Friday, March 13, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments